What is ClearCorrect?
ClearCorrect is a popular clear alignment system that’s free of brackets and wires. ClearCorrect is comfortable and nearly invisible, so you can smile without worrying about the visibility of metal braces.
You also don’t have to worry about which foods you can and can’t eat. ClearCorrect trays are removable, so you can eat whatever you want. Invisible aligners provide freedom and ease of treatment so your daily life will hardly be any different.
- First Consultation – At your first consultation, Dr. Rangel will examine your teeth and take x-rays to determine which orthodontic method is right for you. If ClearCorrect fits your needs, he’ll take an impression of your teeth so your aligners can be created.
- Wearing Your Aligners – A few weeks after your first consultation, you’ll receive a set of custom-designed removable aligners to gradually shift your teeth. We recommend you wear your aligners for 22 hours a day and remove them for meals and cleaning only.You’ll wear one set of aligners for two weeks, then receive another set to shift your teeth more. You won’t have to visit the dentist every two weeks, though. Your aligners will be sent directly to you, and your dentist will check your progress every six to eight weeks.
- Length of Treatment – Individual treatment plans vary in length depending on the extent of care required, but invisible aligners usually take about half the time of regular braces. ClearCorrect takes about 12 months on average, as opposed to two years of metal braces.ClearCorrect aligners take less time because they cover the entire tooth and push from all sides instead of only one. If you wear your aligners for the prescribed 22 hours a day, your treatment will be finished quicker.
ClearCorrect vs At-Home Aligners
At-home aligners sound even more convenient because they don’t require visits to the dentist. Unfortunately, these at-home treatments often make dental issues worse in people who have complex issues. If the aligners are even the slightest bit off, your entire alignment can be thrown off, damaging your oral health.
Going through a dentist for aligners makes it more likely you’ll get the treatment you need without complications. Your treatment will also be fully customized to your needs, and any issues that come up can be solved by a professional.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the difference between ClearCorrect and Invisalign? ClearCorrect and Invisalign both provide nearly invisible orthodontic solutions, but ClearCorrect usually costs about ⅓ of the price of Invisalign. ClearCorrect trays are also some of the most comfortable clear aligners available.
- Does ClearCorrect hurt? You might experience some minor discomfort and sensitivity as you get used to your new aligners. As you continue wearing the aligners, this feeling should go away. If you still feel pain after a few days, contact Dr. Rangel.
- Is ClearCorrect covered by insurance? Most insurance companies that cover orthodontic treatment will help with the cost of ClearCorrect. Our office can help you determine what your financial options are.
- Why can’t I eat and drink with my aligners in? Your aligners can be uncomfortable to take out and it may seem like a hassle, but eating with aligners can damage them. The chewing and biting actions can cause cracks and wear in the aligners that affect treatment.
Contact Us for Straighter Teeth
ClearCorrect aligners are a convenient, comfortable, and visually pleasing alternative to traditional metal braces. Many alignment issues can be solved with invisible aligners so you can smile without hesitation.